FPSI STUDENT’S CHAPTER
SSM Institute of Engineering and Technology enjoys the Institutional Membership from 2014 onwards. Fluid Power Society of India® (FPSI) STUDENT’S CHAPTER was estabilshed on February 2016.
The primary objective of this student’s chapter are to focus on fluid power engineering and to bridge the gap between institute and industry. A feeling of fraternity and brotherhood complement the objectives and activities of the institute. It shall also render all possible assistance to the Regional Centers in matters relating to student members. The activities of the Students’ Chapter may specifically include the following:
- To arrange lectures, film shows and video shows related to the Fluid Power Engineering Education and profession.
- To arrange seminars, workshops, group discussion and Debates and to promote interaction of the Institute with Industry.
- To establish and operate magazines for the use of its members.
- To arrange excursions and plant visits of interest to the Student Engineers.
- To assist and guide student engineers in their career planning and placement.
- To assist any other activities of social, technical and educational interest to student engineers.
It is proposed to celebrate Fluid Power Professional Day and to give Pascal Award for the best project work done by engineering students in the field of Fluid Power. The projects will be evaluated by eminent academicians and professionals in the field and the award will be given to the most innovative project. Short term projects under FPSI Student Chapters Committee are to be promoted in our college shortly.
We are glad to say that, Our College is the Zone first in the have Fluid Power Society of India®, with institutional membership and a separate student’s chapter and Mr.P.Rajkumar, Mechanical student got II prize for presented a technical paper based on the project work , on the topic of Design and Fabrication of Seed and Sowing Machine by using Pneumatic System in the Fluid power professional’s day seminar at IISC , Bangalore conducted by Fluid Power Society of India.